Behind every successful IT project, you’ll find a highly skilled project manager. From hardware and software upgrades to ongoing security patches, to application development and the rollout of software itself, project managers keep your teams on task and productive.
Almost any IT pro can benefit from adding a project management certification to their list of IT credentials; showing you have the know-how to plan, schedule, budget, execute, deliver and then report on IT initiatives. Here, CIO.com outlines the most popular project management certifications that will add value and help you hone your skills this year.
Top project management certifications
- PMP: Project Management Professional
- CAPM: Certified Associate in Project Management
- CSM: Certified ScrumMaster
- CompTIA Project+ certification
- PRINCE2 Foundation/PRINCE2 Practitioner
- CPMP: Certified Project Management Practitioner
- Associate in Project Management
- MPM: Master Project Manager
- PPM: Professional in Project Management
- PMITS: Project Management in IT Security
- Certified Project Director
- CPM: Certified Project Manager (IAPM)
PMP: Project Management Professional
The gold standard in project management certifications, the Project Management Professional certification is a rigorous test that covers absolutely everything you need to prove your knowledge and skill in managing the “triple constraints”: time, cost and scope. The Project Management Institute (PMI) is this credential’s parent organization, and works continuously with businesses and academia to ensure relevance for the certification.
Read More from This Article: Top 12 project management certifications for 2018