Forty-two percent of respondents to CIO’s recent State of the CIO survey say that their marketing department currently has budget specifically earmarked for investments in technology products and services — almost all of them within the next three years. If that figure sounds high to you, it shouldn’t. As David Ginsburg, vice president of marketing at Cavirin, said when asked about that figure, “What is strange is that only 42 percent have explicitly budgeted for tech. What about the other 58 percent?”
Hopefully IT departments have gone beyond the point where they think of marketing as mere fluff. But they may not be fully up to speed on marketing’s needs — the technology sector that’s become known as martech. We spoke to a broad range of marketing pros to find out just where all that marketing tech spend is going.
Read More from This Article: Martech spending in 2018: What CIOs need to know